Nasscomm Privacy Statement
Nasscomm’s Privacy Commitment & Accountability
At Nasscomm, we are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information that you give to us. This document is to inform you of how we at Nasscomm collect use and disclose your personal information for our recruitment, flexible staffing and training/certification businesses. Nasscomm is accountable for the personal information you have supplied to us. Our employees and Associates are informed about the importance of privacy and each is responsible for the personal information within his or her control. Our Privacy Officer is responsible for coordinating our compliance with both federal and provincial privacy laws.
Your Personal Information
Generally, personal information is any piece of information, factual or subjective, about an identifiable individual. Some examples of the types of personal information that may be held by Nasscomm includes your name, address, date of birth, contact details, qualifications, education, work history, skills, aptitudes, resumé, salary/benefit information, information derived from background checks such as criminal and credit record, banking details, driver’s license number and information about your hobbies and interests. It will also include information we derive about you through the administration of skills, personality or aptitude testing.
Purposes for Which We Collect Personal Information
Nasscomm provides permanent, contract and temporary recruitment services that respond to the needs of both employers (“Clients”) and applicants by helping to place the right person in the right position. Personal Information supplied by you is used by us to consider and evaluate your qualifications for either permanent or temporary employment with Nasscomm or one of our Clients. For individuals who are hired by Nasscomm, and for temporary staffing arrangements, we also collect information to provide payroll services. For those becoming permanent employees of Nasscomm, we also collect information about you and your beneficiaries as required to enroll in our benefits programs. We collect only what we need for those purposes.
How We Collect Personal Information
Nasscomm collects your personal information, for the identified purposes, in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form or a resumé; this may be via e-mail or delivery of hard copy of such information.
- through interviews with you in person or by telephone;
- by contacting the individuals that you have nominated as your references (“Referees”);
- from Clients to whom services are supplied as part of our temporary staffing business;
- through the administration and assessment of the results of aptitude tests and the interpretation of the results of such tests.
- We may collect Web Site visitors’ contact information (like their e-mail address).
How We Use Your Personal Information
Nasscomm’s employees and Associates (as defined below) will use personal information about you to assess your suitability for permanent or temporary positions with Nasscomm or with its Clients.
We will disclose your personal information to Clients for the purposes of attempting to recruit you to specific positions that we feel you may be suited to, and/or for supplying your services to Clients as a temporary field staff worker. The personal information disclosed to Clients will be all the personal information required to make an informed decision.
We may also disclose your personal information to the following parties outside of Nasscomm:
- organizations that provide essential services to Nasscomm such as organizations to whom certain business functions or processes may be outsourced; or to other temporary staffing companies, where we are working on a joint staffing project; We will endeavor to ensure that any such organizations will protect the personal information we supply to them in keeping with privacy laws;
- your referees in making enquiries;
- your financial institution and others relating to your remuneration and benefits;
- government bodies or law enforcement agencies as required/authorized by law;
- Nasscomm’s related companies and any companies involved in a corporate or business reorganization by Nasscomm;
- Associates of Nasscomm (meaning separate legal entities who supply for Nasscomm the same services as are provided by staffing consultants employed by Nasscomm);
- organizations and government agencies that provide background checks, including credit, criminal and education background checks;
- Any other person or organization not referred to above where you have given us specific consent to share your personal information with such person or organization
Personal information collected from Web Site visitors may be used to send news, information about Nasscomm and promotional material that we believe may be useful to you and to analyze this data for trends and statistics.
“Cookies” are a standard for storing small pieces of data on a web client (i.e. the web browser on your computer). Any web server (including this one) may:
- store one or more cookies in your browser; or
- request your browser to transmit the data to the web server.
This Web Site may store cookies on your web client in order to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to this Web Site. By using cookies, web sites can track information about visitors’ usage of the site, provide customized content, or even the use of password protection. Note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server. Please note that most web browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. For further information about working with cookies:
- for Internet Explorer, visit www.microsoft.com; and
- for Netscape Navigator, visit www.netscape.com.
Note that the servers listed above may also cause a cookie to be stored on your computer. If you are using a browser not listed above, please consult your documentation or the manufacturer.
We seek and confirm your consent to use your personal information as set out above at the time we first collect your personal information. If you subsequently supply further personal information it is assumed the consent we originally received is applicable to personal information supplied at a later time, provided the purposes are the same as have been identified in this document or by a Nasscomm representative. Consent may be expressed (in writing or verbally), or it may be implied, such as when you send us unsolicited personal information, in paper copy or electronically. Your consent can be withdrawn if you notify our Privacy Office in writing.
If you have received this form in hard copy, we will ask you to sign one copy signifying your consent. If you receive this via e-mail, as a reply to the receipt of unsolicited personal information, your consent will be presumed and you do not need to return anything.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used for a particular purpose or you do not wish to receive mailings, you can e-mail us to notify us of your wishes. Our practice is that if we wish to collect Personal Information via the Internet about you (such as name, contact information or other registration information), Nasscomm will:
- expressly ask you for that Personal Information;
- when we ask you for that Personal Information, tell you how we intend to use that Personal Information if you choose to give it to us. For instance, we may wish to use that Personal Information to personalize and tailor our information, services or products for you; to identify who we are communicating with; or, to inform you of further information relating to our services or products, or to this Web Site;
- not share your Personal Information with persons or entities unless in accordance with this Privacy Code;
You can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information that we retain about you, subject to some exceptions provided by law, how we use it and how to whom it has been disclosed. If you would like to do so, please let us know. For security reasons, you will be required to put your request in writing. You should address any request for access to our Privacy Office.
We will take appropriate measures to ensure that personal information you have supplied is stored securely, whether in electronic form or otherwise.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although Nasscomm strives to protect such information, Nasscomm cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of this information in our own systems. If you have a login name and/or password for use in conjunction with this web site, you are entirely responsible for the maintenance of the confidentiality of that login name and/or password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your login name. You agree to immediately notify Nasscomm of any unauthorized use of your login name and/or password or any other breach of security known to you.
We rely upon you to notify us of any changes in your personal information that you consider important, in order that we can keep your personal information up to date. Where we determine that your personal information is no longer required for any purpose we have identified to you, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner or rendered anonymous. Some personal information must be retained for specific periods to comply with various laws.
You have the right to complain to us if you feel we have collected, used, or disclosed your personal information in an improper way. You may do so by lodging a complaint in writing with our Privacy Office, and you will be entitled to a response within 30 days.
How to Contact Us
We also will, upon request, make available specific information about our privacy policies, practices and procedures. You can raise concerns and initiate the steps to gain access to your personal information by writing to our Privacy Office, at:
Privacy Officer, Nasscomm Inc.,
3473 Satellite Blvd., Suite 115 N, Duluth, GA, 30096